Yoga workshop for Bike Enthusiasts!
19th of May @ 2pm – Griffintown
Yoga is a perfect complement to biking. In this workshop, you’ll deepen your breath with a vinyasa that will target your abs—essential to good biking—and open up your shoulders, back, hips and legs (with hip flexors and psoas relaxation), which are so often tense.
You will also learn:
– How to get ready to pedal: postures for stability and warming up
– How to prevent injury, pain and/or discomfort: tips and tricks to add to your asana practice
– Movements to compensate tightness accumulated on long bike rides
– Rest: Passive pigeon (or deer pose) on a bolster to stretch yours quads
– How to breathe to maximize your effort and calm your nervous system while exercising
– Pranayama: nadis shodana (yin), kappalabatthi (vinyasa) and holding the breath. To climb those hills, breathe deeply to the very bottom of your lungs and slowly release!
– Loosen up your tight muscles between bike trips: stretching
– Restoring your body after pedalling: restorative poses
Enjoying yourself is as important in sports as it is in yoga. Your yoga practice is a gentle medicine to heal your body’s aches and pains. To stay healthy and fit, it’s important to strike a balance between the muscular effort of workouts and the holistic approach of your yoga practice.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Non-member 35$ – Member 25$ *
Sirsasana & Sarvangasana (headstand and shoulderstand) – The ‘king’ and ‘queen’ of asanas
With Terri McCollum
9th of June from 2pm to 4:30pm – Griffintown
This workshop will examine the risks and rewards of these classic poses. We will look at methodology and alignment considerations, variations and modifications.
Regular 35$ – Member 25$